We have got many requests asking how they can check if they are hacked or not. In this post I am going to tell You 5 ways in which you can check if you are hacked.
Just follow along and check all the steps, you might also be one of the victims.
NOTE:- Before doing these steps, close all the downloads and web pages. Make sure on torrent of window update install is going on but stay connected to internet.
1) The first method is very simple for all the people using an ADSL router. After all the internet downloads are closed, just check the status of Ethernet light. It should not blink at a very fast rate. It shows that packets are being transferred in and out of your computer. But as there is no active download or internet activity so no packets should transfer. If so… you might be hacked
2) goto run and type cmd. The command prompt will open. In the command prompt type
This shows the list of active internet connections, check if any unnecessary internet connection is ESTABLISHED. If so, you might be hacked if you type just netstat, you will get the list of all the netstat commands, you may try the other commands as well.
3) You notice any abnormal activity in your computer, like your computer hangs for a couple of seconds every time you switch it on or in between your tasks (if it occurs often), there is a chance that you are hacked. Often keyloggers and trojans are configured to deliver all the log information to the destination ip address/ ftp address after reqular interval of time. And when this information is being sent, the browser hangs for some time.
4) Use softwares like TCP view, it gives the list of all the connections made through TCP. Thissoftware is capable of detecting almost all the trojan/malicious connections.
5) Keep the antivirus updated and install an external firewall like comodo. If your antivirus is not updated regularly, it is as good as nothing. If you don’t update your antivirus reqularly and often exchange data from other computers and download a lot of files. There is a great possibility that you are hacked.